Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just checking in..

I'm still around, I promise. With that damn ticker up there counting down the days until Christmas my blood pressure is through the roof, but I am still here. I curse that thing every year, but it is a good motivator. I'm still working on the Prairie Star afghan and that's coming along great, should has to be done this week. Here's a picture of the progress so far. I took it yesterday late afternoon so the lighting is a bit wonky, but you get the idea. I'm so glad the pattern is piece-as-you-go. I'd really be panicking if I still had to sew all those diamonds together. I had planned on making an afghan for my good friend Morgan for Christmas but that has been put on the back burner. I've decided instead to make a boobie pillow for her in lime green with purpleish pink (or yellow or blue, I haven't decided) nipples. The same yarns I used for my "cozy". She's just as weird, if not weirder, than me so I know she'll like it. She really got a kick out of the pillow I made for Nathaniel.

In other works-in-progress news, Nathaniel came to me weekend before last and asked if I could make something for the wife of a man he works with. She has Fibromyalgia and was recently diagnosed with cancer. I thought about a lapghan, but I wasn't sure I could finish it and the Prairie Star in time, so I decided on a hat. I picked out the Stone Path Hat pattern from the latest Interweave Crochet. I worked on it as much as I could in between taking the car to the shop, and shopping for Christmas gifts, and etc. I had the car last week so I had a lot of errands to run, usually Nathaniel takes it to work in Charlotte all week. Anyhoo, needless to say I underestimated the difficulty of the pattern and didn't get it finished by this past Sunday when Nathaniel had hoped to take it with him to work. The pattern isn't extremely difficult, but it does require some concentration which I've been lacking lately. I only lack a few more rows and than the brim and it will be finished. I do hope to have that completed this week as well as the afghan and perhaps by some miraculous even the boobie pillow too. I'm not holding my breath on the pillow at this point, but you never know. So you see, that's what I've been doing practically non stop taking breaks to eat, piss, and tend to my child. Speaking of my child here he is modeling the hat for me. I made the largest size, I forgot to mention to Nathaniel to inquire about her head size so I'm playing it safe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Geoff looks so darn cute!

I hear ya on the ghan thing-yet I went and finished my Christmas shopping today and bought yarn to make hats-I think the ghan will be late, but I bought gifts to cover for the lateness. Yes, I intend to do four color repeats, take a pic and put it in a card saying "It's coming".

12/18/2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Laurah said...

I like your stone path hat! The tan color looks really good.

1/11/2008 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon