Friday, February 23, 2007

Freedom

I'm finally free. I've had a Work In Progress hanging over my head for what seems like an eternity and I finally finished it up yesterday. It was one of those two steps forward, one step back kind of projects (stitch, stitch, frog, repeat). It is a baby blanket for a baby who was born in ... I'm ashamed to say it ... November! Ack! At least it's done and I feel about a million pounds lighter. Crisis and a complete melt down were averted the other day when I was a quarter of the way through with the last round when Geof decided to spill Yoohoo all over the blanket! I spot cleaned it as best I could and then had to continue working on it. It was still a little sticky, but after washing it last night it came out fine...thank goodness! I am not a multi-tasker when it comes to my crochet projects, and this one's been holding me down for too long. I'm excited to start something else, I'm sick of the color blue! I do have some of the yarn left that I used and it is the perfect shade to make a Smurf, I'm thinking Smurfette. We'll see. So, without further ado, here is my latest and greatest FO...

baby blanketbaby blanket detailblue baby blanketcorner detail

It measures 31.5" x 39". I used Caron Simply Soft in Berry Blue and the "Show-off Baby Blanket" pattern from Beginner's Guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects booklet from Leisure Arts #75009. As you can see from the pictures it isn't perfect, I'm not really sure what happened but the sections with the diamonds came out slightly bigger than the rest. It doesn't look too bad in person so I can live with it, I just hope the baby it is intended for will enjoy snuggling with it!

Previous postings about this project...just to refresh your memory...
September 17, 2006
November 29, 2006

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's gorgeous well worth the time and effort!

2/23/2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I agree with kari, it is gorgeous!

2/23/2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

It is beautiful! And looks perfectly perfect to me too. The baby (and its parents) will cherish it.

2/24/2007 7:11 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Wow, great work! The cables really pop, and the color is soft and pretty, though I'm sure you're sick of it by now!

Congrats on finishing!

2/27/2007 10:34 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

OMG! I'm speechless! That is fabulous. Everything about is gorgeous though I'm most impressed with the edges and corners. Wow!

2/27/2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Suezanadanna said...

Totally amazing!!! I just got done with a skull cap and scarf set which I'm uber proud of. I think I'm ready for an aran sweater now, don't you think? [end sarcasm] :/ One day damn it!

2/28/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

FABULOUS!!

3/01/2007 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon