Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Latest

I still crochet, I promise. I've been working on a baby blanket. Seems like everyone around here is pregnant these days...well, everyone except for me. I chose a pattern from this book...

IMG_0144

Please ignore the ugly chair it sits in. The name of the pattern is Show-Off Baby Blanket. It should be Pay-Attention-Or-I'll-Kick-Your-Ass Baby Blanket and it will hopefully look something like this...

IMG_0158

It's a pretty fun pattern but takes some concentration until you get into the rhythm of things. I've frogged it about 3 times now...hopefully that'll be the charm. Things are progressing well so far...

IMG_0163IMG_0160

Granted, I'm only 9 rows in, but I think I've found my rhythm. I've been avoiding this thing like the plague for the past 2 weeks. The baby it is intended for isn't due until November but I hope to finish it sooner than that. I have another friend who's due in December and I'm thinking of using Deneen's pattern for the blanket I plan to make for her. The pattern seems to work up a fairly warm blanket and that is what I'm aiming for.

I'll end this picture-rific post with a past FO that I wasn't able to share. I think I finished him about this time last year, he isn't perfect but I like him. I just made him up as I went and I had a lot of fun. No, he has no name...yes, he only has 2 legs but that's ok because I call him folk art.

Here he is relaxing in the ugly chair that you're supposed to ignore

IMG_0147

A close-up of his purrrrrdy face...and my mad skills
IMG_0152

Here he is at his regular post...guarding my keys, such a nice kitty!
IMG_0154


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the stitch pattern you are using on the baby blanket. I have been frogging an awful lot lately-must be something in the air.

I love, love, love the folk art cat-adorable.

9/18/2006 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon