Thursday, April 12, 2007

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout A Sharp Dressed Chef

I'm still alive, just lacking in the creative department. I did finish the apron I mentioned, oh...a month ago! I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Of course being the perfectionist I sometimes am, there are a few things I think are a little off, but I can live with them. The neck strap is too long. I wanted to attach some "D" rings so that the strap could be adjustable but I couldn't find any. I also wish I had made it a little wider so that it would wrap around Geof's waist a little more.

As you can see, the apron is reversible. I got everything sewn together when I realized I forgot the damn pockets. No biggie. I cheated and used a double-sided, iron-on adhesive like this one. Geof likes and will actually wear his new apron and that's all I ask for.

I was most impressed with the fact that he was very eager to help me with all the sewing, ironing, and trimming. He did a really great job and was pleased with himself, too. So with Nathaniel teaching him to cook and fix things, and me teaching him to sew, crochet, and clean...we may just have the makings of a little Renaissance Man!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Goodness Amanda, he looks so much older now-sniff-time goes by so fast.

Do ya want me to send ya some D-rings?

4/12/2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

The apron turned out great!!!

And you son is SO CUTE!

4/17/2007 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon