Friday, April 20, 2007

Chic On The Half Shell...& On My Head

I told you I've been itching to crochet lately. The yarn I bought off Ebay hasn't arrived so I haven't started on The Vest yet. Well, that and the fact that I still can't find Interweave Crochet's latest. Can you tell that I'm excited/dying to make that thing?

My friend has a birthday coming up in May and I decided to make her a little purse. I used Drew's pattern for Chic On The Half Shell. Great pattern, easy to follow, but I'm not wild about the shaping, but I can totally live with it. I finished the crocheting last night. I lined it and attached a button closure tonight but not before the sun was too low to take a decent picture. I did get in a few pics of it before it was lined...

What? Doesn't everyone wear crocheted purses on their head? Hmmm...guess I'm the only one! At any rate it would make a really warm hat...and one heck of a fashion statement.

Here's a better view of the button. It's a regular ol' wooden button I had lying around. I used my wood burning tool to decorate it. I like the way it turned out.


Tomorrow I'll have pictures of the finished product, and I promise it won't be on my head.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

You are so weird (LOL). BTW, I started the vest, but somehow my count was off or something-I know it said "easy" and Kel said no corrections, but I wish there had been a schematic with it-It just didn't flow well with me and I'll try again next week, I moved on to something else for the weekend.

4/20/2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

ooo, I like it!!! Thanks for the smile :)

4/21/2007 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon