Friday, March 02, 2007

Another Baby Blanket

This baby blanket was worked around the same time line as the previous one. I had to hold off finishing this one until the other was finished because I used the same blue yarn for both. This blanket is for yet another baby boy born late last year. I found a simple shell stitch pattern online as a guide and went from there. I really like the way it turned out except for the edging. I made that part up myself. It's one round of single crochet followed by a round of slip stitching. I should have switched to a larger hook for the slip stitching because it turned out a little too tight than I like, but it's live-withable. I really like how soft Caron SS is in the finished project, it shows stitch definition really well, it's very warm and surprisingly heavy, and it seems to hold up well in the wash. I'd use it again, I just wish there were more exciting color options.

The 411...
Finished dimensions: 35" x 30"
Materials used: Caron Simply Soft in Berry Blue, Limelight, and White. G hook [I love G hooks!!]

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful blanket. I need to make one for my cousin who is expecting in the spring. I just recently saw a pattern similar to this in the SnB Crochet book, and I really liked it. I like your idea about Sl St. the last row of edging, too.

3/03/2007 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon