Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pineapple Garden Is Complete!

I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning finishing this beauty. It wasn't that it was a difficult pattern or even difficult to block for that matter, I just kept making stupid mistakes. I used a bigger hook and bigger thread than what the pattern called for so it came out...well...bigger. I expected that, so it's all good. The finished dimensions were 18" x 27", had I used the recommended materials it would only have been 11.5" x 18.5"!! I'm thinking of giving it as a gift this Christmas, just not sure who the lucky recipient will be. Geof even liked it, he said it was, "gorgeous". Ha! I started another doily last night while I watched reruns of Dog The Bounty Hunter...don't ask...the pattern is from a booklet I picked up in North Dakota called Delightful Doilies. I plan on making several doilies from the book because they're all really pretty....and I'm freaking obsessed with doilies!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Beautiful, really nice.

I like the new look of the blog title also.

8/09/2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger DixieRedHead said...

love the color choice. You did a fab job! congrats!

8/10/2006 6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That turned out absolutely beautiful! I am obsessed with doilies, too.

8/10/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger D said...

Awesome. Love the color too.
I have a question about the recipe you posted for the pickles. I assume that you don't need a pressure cooker for these. I enjoyed canning, but don't have a pressure cooker, so this is exciting. I think I may try this. But first I will be hitting the farmers market for some cucumbers.

8/14/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

lOVE THE SOFT COLOR. oops, I love oval doilies - this one is beautiful.

8/14/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Kellycat said...

That is stunning, and I love the color as well. I think the only time I crochet is when I am watching re-runs of something or another. I'm really into Dirty Jobs, and the Junk Brothers.

8/18/2006 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon