Monday, April 04, 2005

The News From Lake Wobegon...Where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all of the children are above average

A few things to report...

I received email notification that I had been accepted into the fiber RAOK ring and invited to join the group on Yahoo! That was pretty exciting. Too bad it has come at a time when I can't really be a RAOKer. But, things will change. I adore this concept. I recently shipped out my first RAOK package via Crochetville. That really gave me the warm and fuzzies. The recipient said that it really made for a bright ending to a rather crappy week of dealing with loved ones in the hospital. I totally know where she's coming from and I'm so glad I could do my little part.

My mother-in-law somehow inherited a bunch of 100% wool yarn a few years back. She isn't sure what to do with it and has offered it to me. Of course I jumped on it! I should be able to get my eager hands on it the next time they visit which should be in May...I think. The yarn has a really interesting history. Apparenty, someone bought it in Greece or Italy for a pretty little penny years ago. Of course this story came to me via my husband who isn't quite the fiber enthusiast that I am and I'm not celar on all the details. Stay tuned as the story unfolds.

Speaking of fibers and my inlaws...Jill (the mother-in-law) sent a nice birthday package for me a few days ago. In it were 4 skeins of yarn! It came a few weeks late because they thought my birthday was the 24th instead of the 7th! It's the thought that counts, right? I wasn't upset, after the 21st birthday what else is there to look forward to besides retirement? Anyhoo, I got 2 skeins each of TLC Essentials yarn in "Ranch Red" and "High Plains". These are the missing pieces to my future afghan puzzle. I didn't have enough complimentary yarns to make an afghan until now! It will give me something to keep myself busy while Nathaniel is away.

I really hate to be a party pooper. My mind has been a buzz lately. I'm glad...VERY glad Nathaniel has found work but I'm not looking forward to his time away from us. I feel like I'm in mourning. The optimist in me can see all the good things, but the realist in me sees the hard times ahead. I don't like to babble about my personal life on this blog. However, I feel that I owe it to my reader(s) to explain any past or future failures to post. If your interested in reading about my little pity parties visit my other blog Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...Moving Along...
I was perusing Amazon this morning searching for any and all things related to doilies. If you remember, in a previous post I stated that I'm currently obsessed with the little thread creations. I came across a cute little book called Crochet Jar Doilies. It is a book of patterns to make toppers for canning jars. My husband and I are big canning supporters and I'm really excited about being able to personalize some of the jars we will give away. Plus it really put me in the mood for Spring! We've already got some tomatoes and carrots in the ground. Mmmmm mmm mmm t-o-m-a-t-o-e-s!!
And so, dear reader(s) I will leave you with a lyric from one of "our songs" for my husband and me...
"There's nothing in the world that I like better than bacon and lettuce and
homegrown tomatoes....Only two things that money can't buy and that's true
love and homegrown tomatoes."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Job changes are never fun. Its one of the most stressful events in a person's life like marriage and death. Just remember tomorrow is one day closer to things getting better. Thanks for the link to the doily site. I can't say I'm a "canner" but I did make some homemade apple butter once. I look forward to trying my hand at freezing corn this year. I don't care for the canned and commercially frozen stuff. Sheila

4/04/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Congratulations on joining the Fiber RAOK ring.

About the RAOK's-don't stress. Some people can do it and some can't-it's not supposed to cause woe and stress (cool word-woe eh). Anyway, a little note and e-card, it's all part of Random Acts of Kindness.

About Nathanial's new job, everything will fall into place. I understand you feeling so alone and abandoned. It's lonely when you are used to him being around, but you'll see-you will get stronger each day-I promise.

Just write me if your feeling down....

4/04/2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Great fun with the RAOK isn't it! I'm a newbie too!

Don't stress on the new job front..all will fall into place.
Things have a way of working themselves out in the end.
Cheers!

4/05/2005 10:17 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

You are hilarious... And brave. I want so bad to make myself a bookmark but the thread stuff makes me cross-eyed. Ah, heck, anything smaller than an I scares me! lol

Hope you are soon feeling better about the new job/home situation. I'm a single mama so I tend to believe the opposite - someone else ever being here just disrupts the flow. It'll even out soon enough! (hug)

4/05/2005 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon