Friday, June 27, 2008

Wish in one hand, shit in the other...

I really wish I had something creative to show you. I started crocheting another Boteh scarf but for some reason kept screwing up so I frogged it and haven't picked it back up. I did make a wire and bead something or other. I have an old, I'm guessing percolator, that I use as a plant pot. I planted some viney type foliage in it and wanted to hang it up but the handle was too short and looked weird. I put some beads on some wire and made an extender for it so it would hang a little lower from the hook. I'll take a picture tomorrow, perhaps it'll make more sense that way. I do have tons of ideas for other crafty ventures. I really want to take up embroidery because I have an idea in mind that I want to make to put up on my bare walls. It's fairly simple, with a bit of a twist. My vision is of the traditional "Home is where the heart is" hanging but with a funky font and anatomically correct heart instead of the word. It's been bugging me for weeks, begging to go from the confines of my brain to something tangible. My lack of knowledge in the embroidery department is what's keeping things from moving along, but a trip to the library tomorrow should get things moving.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I have always wanted to learn embroidery as well and I love your twisted play on 'home is where the heart is'.

The plant pot hanger sounds cute.

6/28/2008 8:06 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

The internet has tons of embroidery resources as well. You should be stitching away in no time.

7/01/2008 3:54 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Sometimes I think we were separated at birth - I've been thinking about taking up embroidery too!!!

I love the anatomically correct heart idea.

7/02/2008 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon