Sunday, April 13, 2008

Purdy Pitures

A few of my recent projects decided to have a photo shoot this morning so I happily obliged. First up I'll revisit my last post about the bag made from rug warp or carpet warp. I've been working on it for the last couple days. Great mindless pattern for working while watching the boob tube. As I mentioned before, the pattern came as a freebie from the shop. I'm not sure how the rules work for sharing handout patterns but if you'd like a copy email me and I'll be glad to share. yarn_junkie [at] yahoo [dot] come. The picture to the left is a somewhat fair representation of color although it seems a little washed out from what my eyeballs see in person. It's a really rich color somewhere in the same family as jade and emerald greens. Geof helped me pick it out and I think he has great taste.

Next up is my Divine in Blue. The pattern can be found HERE. I started and finished it in the same day...Valentine's Day to be exact. Great pattern, well written, and I can't wait to make more. The best part is that the finished product was great for keeping my head warm in the bitter cold of Wisconsin. By the way, did you know that snot can freeze inside your nose? I was unaware of this phenomena and quite amused by it! Anyhoo, I deviated from the pattern and used H & G hooks. I also added a few rounds with 5 & 6 clusters so that the hat would fit my big ol’ melon. I really enjoyed this pattern. It worked up quickly and turned out fairly thick and warm. Love it!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice hat!

6/08/2008 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon