Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mean Green String Bag

Hot off the hook this morning! It took me 9 days to complete the bag, but it should only have taken maybe 2. The pattern wasn't that difficult I just got bogged down with the mesh rounds and got a bit bored. But that's just my crochet ADD acting up again. I like that the bag came out smaller than the usual market bags you see. It's easier to stuff into your pocket before heading out the door to your local grocery, farmer's market or even your own backyard garden. I'm definitely pleased with her so I guess she's a keeper!

I mentioned in a previous post that the pattern for this little bag came as a freeb handout from my favorite local crafty goodness shop in Asheville, Earth Guild. And as I also mentioned before I'm not quite sure what the rules are for passing along freebie patterns but if you'd like a copy just shoot me an email: yarn_junkie [at] yahoo [dot] com.

The 411...
Pattern Name & Designer: Crocheted String By Mary Young Smith
Materials: 4oz-ish 8/4 cotton carpet warp the colorway I chose was "Dark Jade"
Hook: Size C aluminum or size 1 steel
Gauge: Doesn't matter

4 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Very cute and it reminds me of Natalie's bag from a few years ago (only hers used WW yarn-which I used the Quick Denim for)

4/21/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

Hi - would you still email a copy? Thank you!

8/07/2017 9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Would you please send me a copy of this pattern?

6/03/2018 10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! Could you please send me a copy of this pattern?
Thanks,
Meg
nutmeg_1000@hotmail.com if you don't mind 😊

6/27/2018 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon