Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First Project of 2008

It's snowing here. Temperatures in the teens with negative wind chills. Not pleasant. Perfect time to work on a hat! I bought some yarn with the intentions of making myself a Stone Path Hat from the Winter 2007 Interweave Crochet. I only have one skein though so I decided to make the Hot Cross Slouch Beret from the same issue. So far so good, extremely easy pattern and it works up fairly quickly. The progress shot shows about 5 hours of mellow crocheting. Should be finished today, unless I run out of yarn. It's Caron Simply Soft Heather in "Deep Teal". I really like the color a lot. Caron Simply Soft is my favorite acrylic yarn...soft, nice selection of colors, and it's cheap!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

It's not snowing here, but cold, very cold.

Darn you for posting that pattern, I forgot about it and now have to get on it (the beret).

1/02/2008 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon