Monday, November 12, 2007

Prairie Star

I mentioned in a previous post that I was planning on making an afghan for my Mom using the Prairie Star pattern. I started working on it yesterday and I have to say that so far this is one of my favorite patterns ever. I wasn't too sure about the piecing-as-you-go method, but I'm loving it! I've also been weaving in the ends as I go so I won't have to do it later. What's great is the instant gratification with this pattern, it goes very quickly. I was concerned that I wouldn't have it done in time for Christmas because it looks very labor intensive and complicated, plus I tend to burn out quickly with large projects. Not the case at this point. I highly recommend giving this pattern a try. The finished product is beautiful and the instructions are easy to understand. I'm excited to see this one finished, I just hope my Mom likes it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

11/11/2008 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon