Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ghost's Anatomy

We are in the midst of my favorite time of year. I love to peruse the isles of stores searching for holiday decorating ideas. Most of the time what I see is over-priced and not very well made although the idea has great potential. That's how I came up with my ghosts. WalMart had some neat Halloween creatures made for hanging; witches, ghosts, ghouls, etc. I don't remember exactly what they looked like now, I saw them several weeks ago, but the seed had been planted for an idea on how to make my own...and so, I did!

I used two kinds of fabric I bought at WalMart for $1/yard. They both remind me of material for a prom or wedding dress. Also used were 2 buttons for the eyes, a wire hanger to hold up the arms and of course for hanging, and some batting to give the head some shape. The fabric is fairly sturdy to hold up to the outdoors, but also fairly lightweight so they'll be "floaty". The ghosts measure about 37" long and 18" wide from hand to hand. It wasn't exactly what I had envisioned but I'm pleased with the outcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon