Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Show and Tell

I think I've been stung by the sewing bee. I finished sewing a table runner and new curtains for the kitchen a couple days ago. I've been waiting for a nice sunny day so I could take pictures but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. Instead here are some crappy pictures for you! I think you'll get the gist at least.

First up, here's the table runner I made to go on top of Geof's toy storage thingy.

Top row (l-r): Corner detail without flash, "Action" pose with flash,
Bottom row (l-r):"Action" pose without flash, Detail in fabric leftovers


And now for the curtains..

Top row (l-r): Curtains above kitchen sink and most accurate representation of fabric color, Same curtains without flash
Bottom row (l-r): Back wall of kitchen and a sleeping cat, Fabric swatches and two birdies who really serve no purpose but look cute.



Here's the layout of my kitchen with the new curtains. I'm no seamstress so they're nothing fancy. I like the views from the windows so I didn't want to cover them too much. I am pleased with the results anyway. I've been nesting lately and needed the change. The curtains that were up before were made from the same fabric as the lining from the Chic on the Halfshell purse.


1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

It all looks nice-very nice.

I have been looking for crocheted curtain patterns myself-not with thread, but cotton yarn

7/17/2007 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon