Friday, July 20, 2007

Foodie Friday


Can you believe that I'm actually posting on Foodie Friday about food and that I have a recipe to share? I suck, I know, I just don't have a lot in my repertoire. At any rate, I bought two cartons of blueberries on sale at my grocery store the other day. I like them fresh but Geof doesn't. I decided to make a blueberry cheesecake, a sweet compromise. It's actually in the oven as we speak...er I mean as I type. I found the recipe online and it was super easy...I'll have to let you know later if it tasted any good. Now, on to the recipe!

Blueberry Cheesecake
12 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1 graham cracker pie crust

Blueberry Topping
4 c. blueberries
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. water
2 tbsp. cornstarch (+ 2 tbsp. water)
1 tbsp. lemon juice

In a small bowl, blend cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar well. Turn into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Blueberry topping: Combine blueberries with sugar and water. bring to a boil. Soften cornstarch in 2 tbsp. water. Slowly add paste to berries. Simmer about 15 minutes. Add lemon juice. Spoon warm glaze over cooked cheesecake. Refrigerate.

..About an hour later..
I still haven't tasted it, but I did add a couple pictures. Another thing, I have probably a little over a cup of the blueberry topping left over. I used 9 inch store bought pie crust, maybe the 10 inch would have been a better option. I'll keep the leftover topping, I'm sure it will be good on biscuits, ice cream, etc.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via blogexplosion, that cheesecake looks absolutely fantastic. I'm drooling.

7/20/2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon