Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yadda Ya

The yarn I ordered off of Ebay came in on Monday. I ordered it on the 17th and it arrived on my doorstep 6 days later. Under most circumstances that wouldn't be a too awesome, but did I mention that the yarn came all the way from Hawaii? Yeah...shout out to Deneen for bringing this seller to my attention. She also has a website. Go check it out...after you get done here, of course!

I don't yet have my copy of Interweave Crochet but I broke down and ordered it online. Paying the almost $5 for shipping hurt, but that's less than I would have had to spend on gas to go to the next town to buy it so I guess it all works out. I ordered it on Monday, so it should be here sometime next week, I think.

In the meantime, I've been crocheting again. I worked on a crocheted cupcake pincushion. I didn't use a pattern just winged it. It's taken me longer to complete it than the Chic On The Halfshell did. How lame is that? I thought it would be a no brainer kind of project. Damn it. I think I like it, but I haven't made up my mind yet. It isn't quite what I had envisioned, but it's still cute. It's another gift for my friend Morgan in Missouri. [waves to Morgan]. I'm also thinking about making my version of the Corn Cob seen here. I don't have enough yellow yarn, though. There's still time so it might happen. By the way, I love the ideas in the book I linked to up there...goofy stuff, but it's cute and I love a good laugh!

I would take a picture of my beautiful yarn and silly cupcake, but my motherboard is fried and we haven't yet gotten everything back to normal. on the up side I got my Mother's Day gift early this year...a new computer [sans the monitor...nothing wrong with it, thank goodness] Yay for technology!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I know she ships the yarn right away, but coming from Hawaii first class takes it's time sometimes. I got an order last week from her-I ordered two separate days and the second order came the day before the first order, yet the first was shipped first. Following me?

Didja like the yarn?

4/26/2007 7:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'll have to check out that seller! I have ordered recycled sari yarn, and opal sock yarn from ebay, but I bet I could find a lot more stuff there if I tried harder.

5/21/2007 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon