Sunday, April 22, 2007

Chic On The Half Shell...& Not On My Head

As promised here are the pictures of the Chic On The Halfshell, not on my head. The only modification I made to the pattern was sewing up the edges of the handle, making it tubular. You'll see that in the pictures.

First up here it is just hanging around on a rhododendron bush...its natural habitat.


Here is a close-up of the button I decorated using my wood burning tool. I also attached a smaller button to the underside so that the button would sit up a little higher to allow for the loop to fit.


Finally, here's a look at the lining. The fabric is some leftover from my kitchen curtain making project. It isn't perfect, but it will work, the lining turned out to be a little bigger than it needed to be so it bunches a little on the inside. I may or may not fix that before I send it off to my friend.

I used TLC Essentials in Ranch Red. Great yarn to work with, nice and soft, but still holds its shape in a finished piece when two strands are used together.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

That came out fabu! Love the button and lining too!

4/22/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger NewLifestyle said...

That is gorgeous! I love that color. I popped in over at Drews and saw your post....I had to see the purse :) Drew is such a talented guy, I wish I had just half of his talent.
Great job!!

4/22/2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

totally love the button you made. I always marvel at seeing a good job on the lining done - it really adds the couture to it.

5/19/2007 7:57 PM  
Blogger Yarnhooked said...

It looks great!! I made mine felted, so it ended up a little bit smaller. Great job with the lining also.

6/23/2007 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon