Thursday, February 01, 2007

Urinals & Crochet Hooks

Catchy title, no? If you ever want to have a "hey, why didn't I think of that" moment or a "whoa that's bizarre" moment, check out the blog entitled Art For Housewives. I can't recall how I stumbled onto this gem, but I'm glad I did. I've been a fan for a while now and I'm always amazed at the art that is out there. Sometimes the blog is written in Italian (..I think) and sometimes in English, but it's easy to navigate the links. Most of the art is made from recycled things and found objects and other pieces aren't. It's a very mixed bag. It's all wonderful, and it's made me more aware of the things that surround me and how they can be used in a completely different way than for what they were intended. Here are a few examples. Click on the pictures to see where they can be found on the web.




I could go on forever digging up this stuff! My favorite of the moment, and what got top billing up there in the title of this post are the urinals like this one...



I would totally have a urinal in my house if it looked like this!!

Ok, now to explain the crochet hooks portion of the title. Sorry to say though that this part of the post won't be as exciting as the first, but I still thought it was cool. I was over at Provo Craft's website (the makers of the Knifty Knitter looms) looking for patterns for my Knifty Knitter looms when I ran across this...



..GENIUS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon