Friday, February 16, 2007

Foodie Friday


I'll admit it, I am no chef. Nathaniel is the cook around here, and an awesome one at that. Sometimes that bothers me, like it makes feel a little less womanly...pipe down, keep your feminist panties on...I only said a LITTLE less. I do cook, just nothing fancy and not very frequently since I'm usually just cooking for Geof and myself. We eat a lot of left overs, I never realized how hard it was to cook for 2 people! I'm pretty lucky though because my kiddo is an eater and always has been. There's not much that he won't eat. There are a few food items that require a little tweaking for him to eat, and this brings me to my Foodie Friday offering for today. Scrambled Eggs. "Scrambled eggs?!" you say...I know everyone with at least a quarter of a brain can cook scrambled eggs. Today I'm going to share some add-ins that help Geof's eggs disappear from his plate a little quicker.

Eggs, when they're scrambled, are the perfect base food for adding additional ingredients. There are so many things you can do. I've never been able to make a decent omelet to save my life so when I was pregnant and craving them, I just started dumping things in the eggs to get the same effect. Here are a few of the ones we've tried and liked. The great thing is that anything goes, add one thing or any combination you can dream up and it's also a good way to sneak more veggies into your diet!

  • Tomatoes...canned or fresh...I like the canned tomatoes with chilies or different spices/herbs/flavors
  • Ham
  • Baloney
  • Salsa
  • Onions
  • Olives
  • Cheese
  • Chives
  • Goldfish Crackers....Geof likes this one
  • Peppers...hot or sweet
  • Relish...I was very fond of this one when I was pregnant...not so much now
  • Garlic
  • Celery
  • Bacon Bits
  • Sausage
  • Peas
  • Spinach
  • Beans...I like black beans
  • etc., etc., etc.

You see, the possibilities are endless. I know some things in that list sound repulsive, but I dare you to try it. What have you got to lose?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon