Friday, January 26, 2007

Foodie Friday

I almost let the day slip away from me. Can you believe that I actually have a recipe to share today? It's only been what...3 months maybe since I last did the whole Foodie Friday thing? Today's offering is a super quick, super delicious, super easy recipe that Nathaniel fixes from time to time. This recipe involves only 3 ingredients and a crock pot. See, I told you it was simple! I will warn you though that the final product doesn't look too pretty but it is delicious I promise, even Geof eats it.

Crock pot Chicken a la Nathaniel
  • 1 package chicken- it could be a whole chicken cut up, legs, thighs, breasts, etc.
  • 2 small cans or 1 large can tomatoes- we use home canned tomatoes but any will do
  • 1 small jar olives- we use green olives, but I bet black would be pretty tasty too
Dust off the ol' crock pot. Put the chicken in it. Dump in the tomatoes and olives, juices and all. Cook until chicken falls from the bone. Enjoy!

See, I told you it was easy. The first time Nathaniel tried to fix this for me I was a bit skeptical....ok, I was horrified. Then I tried it and now it's one of my favorite dishes. The flavor of the olives mellows a lot while it still adds something to the chicken. The best thing is that you can use any kind of olives and any kind of tomatoes, like the kind with chilies or different spices. Give it a try, I dare you!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon