Saturday, October 28, 2006

Something Crafty This Way Comes

I finally got Geof's Halloween costume made. I wish I could say that the reason for my procrastination was the enormous undertaking the making of the costume would be. But that would be a lie. This year Geof decided to be a ghost and I refuse to buy a ghost costume. It's the easiest homemade costume there is! Geof even helped me sew it with the sewing machine. He is really excited about the up-coming festivities. We decided to do a "Dress rehearsal" with make-up and costume all coming together. Here is my little ghoul in full regalia...


He didn't like having the fabric over his face so we cut out a hole instead and painted his face. He told me that his costume "rocked" so my Mommy ego is elevated a bit. For the big night we also got some glow sticks to put in his bucket. Partially for safety purposes and because it just looks cool. I thought about stitching some inside his costume so he would glow too, but I haven't made up my mind yet. October through December is my favorite time of year. I hope everyone out there is enjoying it as much as we are!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

Scary ghost you have.
I make Caleb's costumes because for the price you pay for the cheaply made ones, you can at least buy decent fabric that won't be so uncomfortable all night long. Plus how cool is it to have a costume that no one else will have, unlike store bought ones. Even if there are a million ghosts out there, Geof's costume is extra special because Mom and he made it!

10/28/2006 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks adorable and scary all at once. I was a ghost one year, but no sewing was involved-just a sheet over my head-gotta give it to my mom for that one (snort)

Happy Halloween!

10/29/2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I love the face & pose he's making! Great job on the costume!

And I think I may have to put out my eyes after seeing your Christmas Countdown ticker. Eeeeevill!

:)

11/03/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon