Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh, for the love of yarn!

I occasionally watch a program on HGTV called That's Clever!...formerly known as Crafters Coast to Coast. Sometimes there's a fiber artist featured, mostly knitters, but this past Tuesday featured an artist who weaves with yarn. Her name is Martina Celerin and she's from Indiana. I was blown away by how realistic her weaving was, and how simple she made the construction seem. Here's a link to the instructions for making a piece she calls "After the Rain". The pictures on her website do not do her work justice. I was very inspired by her craft, maybe I'll try my hand at weaving with yarn one of these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I enjoy crafters coast to coast tho I haven't watched it in awhile...thanks for the reminder. Also...love LOVE your folk art cat....

9/21/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Pyo said...

Thank you for the link, this lady's work is amazing!

9/23/2006 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon