Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Art of Un-Crocheting

As you might have guessed by the title of this post...there's been a lot of un-crocheting going on here lately. About a year ago I asked for and received a bag of yarn and mostly finished crochet items from Freecycle. There was an afghan and several baby blankets, two baby dresses, and a pair of booties all pretty much finished. I spent this past weekend frogging or un-crocheting them for the yarn. Nathaniel teased me about it saying that I frog more things than I finish, when I told him I was recycling yarn and saving him money he changed his tune a bit. It is true that I frog more than I finish...I'm a perfectionist in my craft...and that's about it. Remember the doily I mentioned in my last post that I had started? Yeah...that's been frogged now and set aside. I have two friends both expecting little boys this fall so I've got a baby blanket started for one of them. I'm only on the 7th row...for the second time. Yeah, I kinda frogged the whole thing and started over, but I feel a lot better now. I'm really liking this pattern so far. It's from a Leisure Arts booklet I picked up at WalMart a long time ago called Beginner's Guide-Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects. I'll definitely be posting a pic when it's complete.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

God bless ya on the frogging. I had a few things I planned to frog, started, hit spots that were a bitch and tossed them. If it's something I am working on and frog it, that's one thing, but I can't stand frogging FO's.

8/15/2006 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe instead of calling it "frogging" when you are unraveling those acquired projects - call it RECYCLING yarn. Your renewing the life of that yarn and I feel sure that it will end up in a PERFECT project - even if it takes 10 tries. Not a bad crochet philosophy.

9/06/2006 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon