Friday, May 26, 2006

Tartar Sauce


I am the queen of condiments! I like a little bit of hotdog with my ketchup, a drop of soup for my crackers, perhaps a leaf of lettuce for my dressing...you get the idea. I ran across this recipe somewhere online. It tastes different every time I make it, but it's always really good. And so, I give you Tartar sauce...the information given in parentheses are some variations and liberties I have taken with the original.

Tartar Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise (light mayo works, or miracle whip)
1/2 cup relish (I never seem to have relish on hand so I improvise with finely chopped dill pickle (that's all we eat), onion, and a small clove of garlic. I don't have precise measurements or amounts, except for the garlic, but I try not to make it too onion-y or garlic-y, or pickle...I guess it's I should say to just make it all to taste)
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (when I don't have balsamic vinegar I use regular white)
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon lemon or lime juice (as always fresh is best, but the stuff from a bottle ain't bad either!)

I shouldn't have to say this part, but just in case.....Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon