Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's Official...

...I'm a knitter! I lack maybe 5 more rows and then I will have completed my first knitted project...a wash cloth. It's done in stockinette stitch and I'm fairly impressed with myself. I've also started on a scarf. I received a gift card to WalMart in the mail today so Geof and I went this afternoon. I was hoping to buy a round knitting loom, but they were out. I also looked for some knitting needles but they didn't have the sizes I needed. So I bought some things that we needed around the house...not very exciting. I also treated Geof ( and myself, of course) to lunch at the local Chinese restaurant....I'm still belching garlic, but it was sooooo good. I've been craving beanie weenies so I made some homemade. Hey, it's my birthday and I can do what I want, right?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you've had a happy birthday! Congrats on your first knitted FO. My first washcloth that I finished a couple of weeks ago is so, so sad looking but I'm all proud of it anyway just because I *finally* finished something knitted...

3/07/2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Happy Birthday (a day late)....hope you enjoyed the day!!!!!!

3/08/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

hope you had a wonderful birthday!!
woohoo! welcome to the darkside, girl. i love knitting almost as much as crochet! it's a VERY close race :D

3/08/2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Don't you just love the first knitted object? Happy late birthday wishes!

3/14/2006 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Denise said...

Interesting reead

6/30/2022 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon