Thursday, January 05, 2006

Yeah, I'm Still Crocheting

Since my obsession with snowflakes has taken over my life, I've rediscovered how much I enjoy crocheting with thread. My latest thread obsession.....doilies! I'm currently working on one from a booklet I got at a used book store. It's from South Maid called "Special Doilies For Special Times" and the front cover looks like this...

The doily I'm working on is on the back cover, which looks like this...

The name of the doily is "Orient Star" but it looks more Amish to me. I'm making mine in a dark blue color similar to the blue on the china in the photograph. Things are progressing well, and I really like the pattern. Major props to the writers, editors, and publishers of this booklet, too. This is the second pattern I've worked from the book and both have been very clear, easy to follow, and have had no errors. I think I got my 50 cents worth!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

Very awesome - I just got my first doily pattern booklet and I'm excited to start. Can't wait to see your FO.

Are you still making flakes, too? Just asking, cuz I saw you didn't have a button for "Snowflake Mondays" and I thought it might be something you'd be interested in...

1/06/2006 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon