Saturday, August 13, 2005

I Drew A Blank As To What To Title This Post So I Typed This Instead

Thanks goes to Lynlee for tagging me. However, I think I'm going to stop this meme here. If you would like to be tagged leave a comment saying so or just go ahead and do it without being tagged. I don't think there will be any serious repercussions for doing so.

id•i•o•syn•cra•sy - a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.

  1. My house/environment has to be clean before I can start on any kind of project whether it's indoors or out. I'm not very good at maintenance cleaning (sometimes) so I don't often start new things. I'm not really a slob and I do enjoy cleaning, but if I'm going to clean something I'm going to go balls out with it. Like the saying goes, "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right".
  2. I have to shower before doing anything productive even if what I'm going to do is dirty. Gardening, woodworking, washing car, etc.
  3. My closet door must be closed before I can even think about sleeping.
  4. I smoke and I have a little ritual that I do with a new pack of cigarettes. First I pack them down until the tobacco is at least a quarter inch below the paper. Then I brush off all the excess tobacco from the filter. Next I take the middle cigarette from the top row and turn it upside down making it my "lucky cigarette". Finally I smoke the cigarette that is in the same position on the bottom row. Don't ask me why I guess it's just part of the habit.
  5. I am also a counter. I count stitches in crochet which don't need to be counted; steps taken, tick tocks of a turn signal, etc. I don't do it all the time or else I'd drive myself crazy!

After completing this list I think I sound really anal, but I'm not at all. At least I don't think I am.

Moving Along...

I have a few thank yous to extend. I received 2 ecards in the past few days. One was from Anastacia..very cute card. Not sure if it was from the Fiber RAOK ring or Crochetville but it was totally appreciated. The other card was from Juli from the Fiber RAOK ring. I had a good laugh. Thank you, ladies. The time you spent picking out and composing was well worth it and sincerely appreciated. You rock!

I was in the grocery store the other day and decided to buy myself the latest issue of Crochet! magazazine. Usually crochet magazines bore me or make me laugh or make me want to puke. This one did none of the above. This is the second issue I've purchased in my crocheting career. The first one did nothing for me but this one is pretty good. I'm in the mindset where I want to crochet myself a sweater. My quest for the perfect pattern has left me empty handed and disappointed. That was until I flipped through this magazine. I've found my sweater!! It's called Hydrangea Clusters. An aside to the crochet designers out there...while the name for the previously mentioned sweater is better than some, I implore you, challenge you, to be creative. Take note from the knitters out there. They have exciting names for their creations. If I were a knitter I might buy/try some of these patterns because the names inspire me. Just a thought. At any rate as soon as I get my hands on 1632to 1904 yards of 100% cotton light sport weight yarn I'll be off with no looking back!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon