Monday, July 18, 2005

Ugh, Monday, again?

I've decided to put aside the baby blanket from hell for a bit, I've decided to frog it back to where the troubles began and rework it form there. It shouldn't take too long to do it, but working up the energy will. I've been so drained lately.

In other crochet news I've decided to use a ball of Aunt Lydia's "denim" quick crochet thread to make a doily for my kitchen table. I just have ot find the right pattern. Something pineapple-ish. The nice thing is that I can pick a pretty pattern for a tiny doily and it will turn out bigger because of the thicker thread and larger hook. It's 75% cotton and 25% acrylic and a really pretty color of sage green, I'd say. I think I got it in a swap or RAOK somewhere along the line. Speaking of RAOK yarns. Several months back along with a bunch of books for Geof Deneen sent me some chenille yarn...I'm talking BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL stuff too. I feel quilty for not having something made already but the yarn is being shy and not telling me what it wants to bemade into. I suppose when the time is right and the perfect pattern comes along I'll know. For now I just sit here with it in my lap, stroking it like perfect little kitty. Ok, not really, that would be creepy, but I do like to look at it.

You regular visitor(s) out there may have noticed that I no longer have other folks' buttons in the sidebar over there ---> Instead I'm like totally blogrolling !! Here are a couple newbies to the line up that deserve a look!
kusine
mason-dixon knitting
mom2rays
wovenflame
Also in the crafting vein I ran across this site yesterday and thought I'd share. It's like Ebay but for all handmade crafts. It's really cool. I haven't done much exploring over there but it really seems like a great idea! Enjoy!

Have a great day everyone!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon