Monday, July 11, 2005

Sup, Homeslice

So did you miss me? I didn't think so. I'm very inspired to crochet lately, but I've got no motivation at all. I like to look at my (yarn) stash...I've been doing that a lot lately. It's all acrylic except for maybe 2 skeins. That really kills my inspiration/motivation right there. The weather has been really humid lately too, so that doesn't help anything. I have gotten my patterns picked out for several Christmas gifts. However, the thought of being buried under an afghan in this heat makes me want to vomit all over my shoes. I would love to raid a yarn store for some natural fibers, but I hate to buy more yarn right now. I have a decent sized stash that I really need to do something with plus I'm such a freaking tight wad, that I feel horrible when I do buy something for myself. Buying yarn for gift making is fun. Maybe I'll win the lottery someday! I'll have to with the way gas prices are behaving. I can't afford to drive much at all. We're hoping to get a new car sometime this year...one with better gas mileage. Right now our only car is a 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass......hold on I'll try to find a picture of one online for ya....here we go (that was harder than I thought!)

This is not my actual car. Mine has a complete grill and is currently painted orange and blue courtesy of my husband in honor of the Fighting Illini. However, it is mistaken for the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. Yeah. She's an ugly beast but bless her heart if she didn't make it all the way to Miami and back. Boy did we get some looks there!! HAHAHA!! Her next paint job will be my project. I'm going to paint her like a giant peacock. That way if she must draw attention, I'd rather not be mistaken for a poor dipshit, but rather an artsy dipshit. Anyhoo, the hood and front quarter panels will be blue with the peacocks head painted on the hood. The rest of the car will be the feathers. I have some before pictures that I'll post the next time I'm at my parents' place (they have a scanner). Until next time...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon