Friday, April 15, 2005

Duck In A Truck

I feel I must explain my choice for a title before I click the "publish" button. Duck In A Truck was the title of the last book I read. No, it wasn't 10 years ago...more like 2 hours ago. It was one of the selections for a bed time story for my 2 year old son. I liked the title. The book was ok. It was about a duck who was driving a truck and it got stuck in some muck. It was a rhyming story. I have nothing against rhyming, but it does tend to get under my skin after awhile. At any rate I kept thinking of one particular word that rhymes with muck and truck and duck. Yeah, that word. The duck had to enlist the help of several other personified creatures to get his truck unstuck. I think the ending would have been much better if the duck had just yelled out FUCK!!! ...But that's just me and I have a very twisted sense of humor.

Nothing fiber related to mention today really, but I'll try to make a connection....fiber, hmmmmm...cigarette filters contain fibers, I'm a smoker, I'm a blogger, I have a silly entry on my other blog. Here's some linkage...check it, yo!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Amanda-

Get used to the silly books, you'll be reading em to him another 5 years! It's to the point Elena has them memorized (as do I) and if I skim over a part, she corrects me.

About your other blog, funny shit my dear. You should quit smoking anyway, for yourself and Geof. I smoke and I know. I am quitting as soon as I get back from my Disney trip, that's a promise. Cigs are over $5.00 a pack here. The cheap-o's like your Poker smell like cat piss to me.

Anyway, consider quitting for yourself, please. I have been smoking for 26 years and it's a disgusting habit.

Anyway, I hope to get a package out to you today or Monday. Lemme know when it comes in. There's a little something in there for you too.

Hug your baby for me!

4/16/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

hmmm, don't have that one... but we do have one duck stuck.

umm, echoing "you gotta quit, girl --- think of all the YARN you could buy!! :)

4/24/2005 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon