Saturday, April 30, 2005

104.8

104.8 that is the number of the day. Why? Because that was my son's temperature this morning after I rushed him to the pediatrician's office. The worst part is that the temperature was taken in his armpit, so it's actually most likely lower than what his actual temperature was!! My heart sank and I almost hit the floor. I had to ask the nurse again what it was hoping that I had misheard her. I hadn't. Geof has an eye infection in both eyes. He's on the mend already, but nowhere near his usual self. I've never seen him so ill. At least Nathaniel is home for the weekend. As you may have guessed I have no new crochet news and it might be awhile until I do. I'll keep you posted.

8 Comments:

Blogger noricum said...

Yikes! I hope your son feels better soon!

4/30/2005 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about your son. That is an incredibly high fever! Hope you both are feeling better soon (I know these things mean no rest for the mom either!)

4/30/2005 10:35 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Amada-

The high fevers are always scary. The good news is that as he gets older, his temps won't spike as high. I had that a few times with Elena and it is scary. You are scared, feel guilty for not realizing he was getting sick and just in general feel like a completely shitty mom, and you're not. He'll bounce back and you'll be exhausted, but this will pass.

Hug him for me!

5/01/2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I hope he feels better soon! I know you will still worry but...I always have high fevers like that, and so do my kiddo's. My doc says never to worry unless it get to be 105.5 to 106....sounds really high but I guess that is not "scarey" to doctors.

Hope he is on the mend soon!

5/01/2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the support. Geof is on the mend...getting into trouble and everything!!

5/01/2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

So sorry to read of your son's fever! I DO HOPE things are a bit better today, as your post is already two days old!
Cheers! I'm sending good thoughts!

5/02/2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

awww....good thoughts for the little guy!

5/02/2005 7:59 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's high fever! Yes, that's high! My son had 100 degree fever (also from his armpit) last week and I was watchful, but it didn't last and he got well almost overnight. I'm glad to hear your son is getting better too. It's not fun when our children are not feeling well. A mommy can feel really helpless during those times (daddies, too!)

Beautiful doily, btw! Great job!

5/08/2005 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon