Friday, March 11, 2005

Rock On, Mister Rogers!!

I was watching Mister Rogers' Neighborhood with my son this morning. I've been watching this program since I was a kid...although not religiously or anything. I've just picked up the habit again since my son has started watching it. Anyhoo, I've always enjoyed it when Mister Rogers would go on a "field trip". Today he visited a friend, I forget her name now, who was a weaver. I was very impressed! The lady demonstrated how she would weave yarn into scarves. She did gorgeous work, too! She had a huge floor loom a lot like the one my great aunt has. I've often thought over the years that I'd like to learn the craft from her, my great aunt Marjorie. She's getting older and more and more frail so time is fleeting. Maybe this summer I'll get my act together. I would have to kick myself in the ass if I let an opportunity like that pass by.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
{recently updated}

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

I learned to weave at a job last year... Unfortunately the job didn't work out (if everyone would have left me alone so that I could have just sat there and woven then it would have been great) but I miss weaving SO MUCH! I have my eye on a loom that I intend to buy when I have the extra cash. I hope you love it as much as I do!

3/13/2005 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon