Wednesday, February 23, 2005

To Deneen...

Why is Deneen so cool? Because she says damn, hell, and shit; she is a stay at home mama (can't get much cooler than that); she crochets (what crocheter isn't cool?); she says that she's 40 but she doesn't look it at all in her picture; she's The Godmother of Adagio teas; she's smart, funny, and has a really big heart....oh, and she feeds her daughter "dirties"! HAHAHAHA I laughed so hard when I read that the first time that I woke my son from his nap! To answer your question, Deneen, I've only made one thing from plastic bags so far but here are some ideas for other projects. I made a tote bag for my sister-in-law using Marlo's pattern. It's kinda hard to get used to working with the plastic bags, but it goes pretty fast. My next adventure will be a big market type bag with a longer strap/handle.

...In Other Crochet News...
I have about a quarter of a row left to do on my scarf submission for this book. After that I will felt it, photograph it, and send in my idea. This whole deal has been pretty fun. I've never really come up with an original project for crochet and be satisfied with it. Even if I'm not picked, I'll have a really cool scarf!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/23/2005 6:13 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I had to delete my last post cause I made a typo that couldn't be fixed, so here goes again. I am not the Godmother of Adagio, although I am now addicted to their damn Valentine's tea and cannot get enough of it, even though some people think it's nasty.

I do have a terrible potty mouth, but my husband insists he fell in love with me because the first time he met me I was such a nasty bitch. I do try to control it in front of my daughter though.

I think the plastic bag tote is very cool, but I never would have enough plastic bags saved up. We use them here to tote crap everywhere. Perhaps I can get my husband to grap some from the bin at the market (yes, he does all the grocery shopping)

I am intriqued by your felted scarf. I wanted to try one, but I'm afraid it would be too stiff......now you have me thinking again. I've done bags before, hmmmmm...........

I think it's awesome you're writing your own pattern, I don't have the patience. I wing things all the time, never write anything down except in shorthand and then can't understand what the hell I wrote. At least I can truly say some of my items are "one of a kind" because I can't figure out what the hell I did to make em.

Back to the blankie CAL...........

2/23/2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Had Deenen never corrected her typos I would have spent the entire rest of my life trying to find a candy called "Dirties"! I have to admit my inner child was a tad dissappointed.

2/24/2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

can't wait to see the finished project!

2/26/2005 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon