Sunday, February 13, 2005

This Is A Bitchfest...Reader Beware!!

You know what really gripes my ass? Selfishness!! I belong to a certain crafting message board. On said board there is an area where members can post "wishes" and other members can grant these wishes. We're supposed to mark which items on our wish lists have been granted and everyone seems to do that. My only problem is with the people who write in something like, "Granted...but more is ok!" And then put little teehee's or smileys afterward. To me that says "Teehee, I'm a greedy little poohead who hasn't outgrown my childhood now gimme gimme gimme!!!!" I can understand if it is in reference to something that the person collects. But I saw this little remark beside a listing for a gift certificate that had already been granted! Am I the only one who has a problem with this? We're supposed to be adults. I refuse to reward this type of behavior. Granted it is the American way to want more than what is on your plate. UURRRGGGHHHH!!!!! Alright, I'm done. Now if I've ruffled some feathers, I'm sorry, but I DO NOT apologize!! This is my blog, these are my ideas, you chose to use your time reading them. I welcome comments because that is your right to have them. This is America and I'm sure that somewhere on some old historical piece of paper it says that we are a free nation.

....Today In Crochet....

Today I'm hitting AC Moore, Michael's, and several local yarn stores (I refuse to use abbreviations like LYS...stop being so damn lazy, people!!) Ok, you know what I feel like bitching some more..again it is my right! A lot of people my age and the other people who try to act my age really get on my nerves. I am 22 years old. I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, and so forth. I am responsible, reasonable, and able to form my own opinions. Why can't everyone else. Why does it seem that a lot of folks do not mature mentally past the age of 18? You know the people I'm talking about. The ones you see out in public who you went to highschool with. The ones who when you try to have a conversation with the topics of choice are the same ones from your school days. It's as if the past 5+ years never existed to them. Is it not normal to have different priorities? As I recall highschool isn't the "best time of your life" as it is most often billed to be. Well, unless, you're gorgeous, popular, slutty, or sporty. Sure the past seems a lot better than the present sometimes, but that is what your brain wants you to think. It has the uncanny ability to conveniently forget all the bullshit. Mother's know what I'm talking about....there wouldn't be multiple children families if the mother's didn't forget the agony of labor. The grass is not greener on the other side. I guess this rant goes with my first one. People don't want to take responsibility. It's fun to be young and carefree. But we were granted that freedom because there had to be someone responsible looking out for us. Shouldn't we afford our children the same opportunity? Grow up America! It isn't that bad. You can still relive your youth through your children. You can see the world through the eyes of a child. Let your children be children. Be responsible, be honest, be the person that you looked up to as a child. Don't drown in the bullshit. I have resigned to the fact that I am an adult, and I am very comfortable with it...hell, I really enjoy it! I'm 22, I'm responsible, reasonable and have the ability to form my own opinions...why can't everyone else?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

is this the time when it would be appropriate to say, "You go, Girl!"???

I agree. Completely.

PS: yarn looks lovely - never saw it before. can't wait to see what becomes of it!

2/16/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

the yarn i was referring to is the patons wool that you posted about a day AFTER this... oops.

2/16/2005 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon