Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Nose To The Grindstone!

Ever since I read this post at Crochetville the wheels and cogs in my head have been in motion. I would love to be able to create something and then get to see it in print! I've been trying to come up with something but my creative juices are but a trickle! Ugh! I did create this weird spiral thing-a-ma-bob. I might explore that avenue a little further. The deadline is fast approaching, too. It's March 7...which is my birthday so there's no chance of me forgetting it! I want whatever I make to be awesome but I don't want to throw a lot of money at it trying to develop and perfect the design and then not have it chosen. I'll keep you posted but, sorry, no details.....because there aren't any at the moment! Ha!

Yesterday I worked on my plastic bag stash...holy cow I've got bags coming out of my ass! I got one huge bag full of bags cut into strips and put together to form a ball of "yarn". I've got 3 more to go! I really wish I could get my hands on some more exciting colors, though. I have a ton of clear and white bags, and some blue, yellow, and brownish blah ones. I would like to find green or red perhaps. Every time I go to the grocery store I raid the plastic bag recycling bin...you should see the looks I get...it's hilarious!

So I found out the other day that there is a yarn store in my town...well, it's not exactly in my town but it's really close by. The only other place locally that has yarn is WalMart and I hate WalMart! Otherwise I have to drive 30 minutes to Asheville on I-40 in my ugly old '76 Cutlass!! That car scares me. When it comes to safety I know all the passengers are safe because it's a tank. But it's 29 years old! I practically have to carry a garage in the trunk just in case something happens. Granted I'm somewhat enjoying this learning experience, but it's not fun to have to worry about stuff like that when I am traveling with my 2 year old! I will say this, I'm damn proud of that car. Last April it took us to Miami and back with no problems! How in the heck did I get off on that subject?

This morning Geof and I were watching Sesame Street and what did I see?! Elmo has a crocheted afghan on his bed! That's right! Elmo was having trouble getting to sleep so this opera singer came and sang to him. On his bed was a pretty scrap afghan done in what I'm guessing was a shell stitch. Also last night I was watching the History Channel...yes, I'm a dork. There was a program on called Modern Marvels and the subject was George Washington Carver. I knew he was an awesome scientist...but did you know that he crocheted as well!! That should qualify him for sainthood!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon