Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I Have Angel Droppings All Over Me!!!

I'm on a good crochet vibrations high!! Yesterday I posted my to Later that day, my Fairy Godmother gifted me with a gift certificate to Adagio. The most amazing thing is that I hadn't put that on my wishlist, but I was secretly wanting some. I have never had gourmet tea before and I certainly don't know how to brew loose leaf teas but by golly I'm going to learn. THANK YOU SO MUCH FAIRY GODMOTHER!!! Honestly, the generosity and kindness that I have encountered at Crochetville is absolutely breath taking. Seriously. So often these days people in this society expect the worse from others instead of the best, I'll be the first to admit that I do it myself. That is really sad. Just another reason why...
I CROCHETVILLE!!

In my email inbox this morning was the latest issue of I really like some of the projects in there. I always like something that they have to offer. It is a most excellent publication!! (<--did you catch my ode to the 80s?)

Last night, out of the blue, my husband handed me a credit card and demanded that I blow 40 bucks!! I accepted his challenge without hesitation!! What a sweetheart, no? I've decided to buy yarn. Now here, dear reader, is where I ask for your help. Do you know of a place either online or a chain store where you always get oyur money's worth of yarn? What is your favorite yarn? I found this site viathis site via the latest CrochetMe issue. The prices seem to be really good, plus you get a BAG of up to 10 skeins. Is this a good deal? What's your opinion? I'm still a newbie and I'm not yet clear on yarns (ie, quality, what a good deal and what isn't, what's so bad about acrylics, etc.)

Well, I guess that's all for now...






Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

You know Amanda, the price is good on that site, including the shipping, but it's a lot of the same yarn. If you have a big project, that's great, but you could get bored with the same stuff. Maybe you know someone who would split it with you? Best bet is to go to a LYS or crafts store and look at some of the yarns to see if you even like it. There's always Fiber Options on eBay (she's right in NC, so your shipping would be the lowest rate and she charges actual shipping). I bought 4 lbs of thinner chenille for only $5.50 before shipping. Melanie is the best,http://stores.ebay.com/Fiber-Options. Also you could check out NuMei.com.

You will love the tea.

Glad you're excited!!!!

2/02/2005 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon