Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ain't I A Dish!

You are dishcloth cotton.
You are Dishcloth Cotton.
You are a very hard worker, most at home when
you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly
born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain
Jane, but you are too practical to notice.


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by
Quizilla


So is that a nice way of saying that I have the personality of a wet dishcloth? I don't think I wholly agree with the outcome of this quiz. First of all, I wouldn't describe myself as a hard worker. I keep on task and do what needs to get done. I call it having a good work ethinc. I agree with the second part. I am most at home, at home. If "home" means my parents' home. I am extremely thrifty, and proud of it! I can't remember the last article of clothing I bought that wasn't on sale or from a second hand store. However, I was not born to clean. I'm a pig. Always have been, always will be. I saw a magnet on my aunts refridgerator once. It said, "A Clean House Is No Place To Raise Children". She has 3 young girls. Now that I am a mother, it seems to have a lot more meaning. I did a search on Yahoo for that exact phrase because I wanted to post a cute picture with that saying. I couldn't find one, but I found this instead. I'm not a super religious person, but I really liked this passage...
So here it is, almost November and I find that in the middle of the messiest
and noisiest years of my life, chores are never completed and I am taking comfort
in sayings like, “A clean house is no placeto raisechildren!”After all,
contrary to popular belief,the Bible does not say,“Cleanliness is next to
godliness.” I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said that. God’s emphasis is
always on a clean heart. In fact, as I studied Luke this morning, I had just read
in chapter 10 about Jesus’visit to Mary’s and Martha’s home. I read how Martha
welcomed Him but then was distracted with all her preparations ~ the “mess” that
comes with serving people. I have read this passage many times before but
this morning I was struck with the fact that messes will abound when people are
being served~ even when serving the Lord Jesus Himself. Where there is life and
activity,there will also be a mess. Enough to distract us from the
really necessary things. But, really, what’s more important? People or the messes?
Jesus or the preparations? My teens or the noise? My children or the handprints?

Anyhoo, back to the point I was trying to make! I wouldn't say that I was Plain Jane either. I might not "dress" like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears with my shit all hanging out for the world to see in order to get attention. But I do have more than one color in my closet. I like to stand out a little, shake things up from time to time. I'm not Amish! (Not that I have anything against the Amish, I respect their beliefs) Ok, now we're to the last part to disect. I am very practical, I'll agree with that, but not so much so that I'm Amish-ish. (Again, no offense to any Amish out there reading this....of course if you are Amish and you're reading this.....then you're being a very naughty Amish person!)

At any rate...I think I'm more of a Mohair person...

"You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your
share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to
change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering
up your mistakes."


...and so dear reader, that is all for today, be kind to yourself and to others...


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon