Monday, January 31, 2005

Holy Pillowghans Batman!!!

Ok, so I've been going about my life like usual, but today was different...today I saw the light!! Yes, dear reader, I have discovered PILLOWGHANS!!!! I've heard of them before but never thought to investigate. This was the beacon of enlightenment that I followed!!
Go ahead, click on it...you know you want to!! Ok...for those of you who didn't click, I'll tell you what a pillowghan is. A pillowghan is an afghan that can be folded until it "disappears" into a pillow. I'm thinking of adding a pouch to the one I foresee myself creating so that it is tucked away and makes a real pillow. I feel so free!! Geez, I'm a dork! At any rate, I think this is such an ingenious idea and I cannot wait to start on a few.
In other awesome crochet news... I recently posted to my local Freecycle group that I was searching for yarn...here's my post as it appears on the message board...
" Do you have an old stash of yarn that is just in the way/weird colors/out-of-control? Is your grandmother drowning in a sea of yarn? Well then, I'm your girl! I am in search of yarn...any size, color,or amount. Thank you for taking the time to read this...hope to hear from you soon!!!"
I thought it was fairly catchy and cute. And guess what...IT WORKED!!!! I received a lovely email from a fellow crocheter who has put down the hook to focus on a candle making business. She said that she had patterns, yarns, etc. all taking up precious space!! I told her that I would be happy to give any unwanted items a good home. We're supposed to set up a time this week for the handing over of the goodies. I am in crocheters heaven!!!
What else might make this day totally kick ass?! Today is my son's 2nd birthday!! I LOVE birthday's and I love spoiling my son...well, at least one day out of the year!! He is a real sweetheart and I am totally in love with him!! I mean who wouldn't be...look at those eyes!!



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

All I got from my Freecycle was this old school yarn that just said 100% acrylic on the band in rust, brown, and puke gold. O also got these two skeins of Sears yarn (who'da thunk it). I made my poor husband drive to some house in the middle of nowhere on his way home from work to get it. Lucky you!! BTW, your son is absolutely adorable!!!

2/01/2005 11:58 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Yes, an adorable son! I see why you're so in love with him!

And hey! Cool on the yarn and pattern acquisition from FreeCycle! Can I steal you wonderful catchy wording to use at my Freecycle? :)

2/02/2005 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Icon